Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fresh Lumpia :)

So I woke up one morning craving for Fresh Lumpia.. I have no idea why I'm craving but it felt like I was going insane for fresh lumpia. This is btw, one of my favorite food. And so I asked my mom to buy all the ingredients for me and so yep.. here it is. :)



I swear, this is the closest taste from Max's fresh lumpia. (I'm crazy about them btw)

The recipe:
Filling
2 cups sweet potato, cubed
2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
1 lb cabbage, shredded
1 ½ cup carrots, julienned
½ cup water
½ cup peanuts, crushed
6 pieces Lettuce leaves
½ lb pork, thinly sliced
1 pack extra firm tofu, sliced in strips
1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 cups string beans (baguio beans), chopped
1 medium sized onions, chopped
½ cup cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp garlic, minced
1 pork cube

Wrapper
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 pieces raw eggs
2 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp salt
1½ cups milk

Sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 cups water
½ pork cube
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp corn starch (diluted in 4 tbsp water)
(Source: Panlasang Pinoy)

and ofcourse,

Since it's Chinese New Year I also made Tikoy lumpia for dessert - just to complete the lumpia combo. LOL
 I just soaked the tikoy first in beaten eggs and then rolled on lumpia wrapper.

and just added my Sour cream frenchies :)

So pls don't ask me why I gained too much weight lately. Cooking is my favorite and Food is my first love.

P.S
I seriously need to get back on my belly dancing and samba.
Summer is fast approaching.. I need to look good on my Highwaisted Bikini! x

2 comments:

Do you have some pinky sweet thoughts? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...