Friday, July 20, 2012

Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce

I've been hella busy.. mostly, lazy. HAHA so please excuse my lack of post. Anyways, I'll be sharing this easy french (?) sandwich recipe called Eggs Benedict. I love the Chelsea's eggs benedict until they have taken it out of the menu. sad!

So here, since I've been craving for Eggs Benedict, I have decided to create my own. :)

REMEMBER: This recipe is too fattening so make sure to only devoured atleast once a month or very rare.


You just basically need bacon, ham and poached egg,.
Grilled the bacon together with ham..

and then poach an egg.. since I really don't know how to poach an egg, I just did this trick. haha

and more importantly, you need a really good English Muffin. I got mine from the French Baker. 
I love French Baker, I think they have the yummiest breads ever! 

For the english muffin, I just put them on our purple oven toaster with pink lights. hehe

Recipe
ham
bacon
english muffin (split and toasted)
poached egg

Hollandaise Sauce (oh/lah~/dez)
3 egg yolks
about 7-10 tbsp of melted butter
1 pinch of salt
pepper (optional)
1tbsp of fresh lemon juice

The making of the sauce.
  1. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Remove immediately.
  2. In a blender, blend the egg yolks, pepper, and salt until smooth. Add half of the hot butter slowly.
  3. Then Blend in the lemon juice and the remaining butter.
Place the English muffins on the serving plates. Top with 1 ham and about 2 slices of bacon and 1 poached egg. Then drizzle with the hollandaise sauce, and serve. :)

Some uses heavy cream to make it creamier and they also add cayenne pepper but I haven't tried it.. if you have please lemme know.

Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup!
Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have some pinky sweet thoughts? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...