Saturday, October 13, 2012

Deviled Eggs Recipe

I have prepared these yummy deviled eggs for our Product launch last week and everyone really loved it! I first tried these deviled eggs during the birthday of Mr. Tantoco (CEO of Rustan's). It was divine! It was creamy, a bit of sour/salty and quite old fashioned southern style. 

and from then on, I promised myself to make my own. SO here it is. It's actually very easy to do--really easy to do like oh my! Some would even put tomatoes or jalapeno. But I'd like mine the classic way.

 You'll just need the ff:

  • 6 Eggs (or 12, just double up the recipe) 
  • Smoked Spanish Paprika for garnish
  • 1/4 cup of Mayo
  • 1 tsp of Vinegar
  • 1 tsp of Mustard
  • 1/8 tsp of Salt
  • Pepper to taste
  • and a cute egg tray! :p

First you need to boil the eggs for about 15mins.
  A tip: put a little vinegar on the water so that the eggs won't crack during the boiling.
Rinse and let it cool completely before peeling the eggshells.

  1. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
  2. Carefully remove the yolks using a plastic spoon such as this (I got mine from redmango! hihi)
  3. Mash the yolks with a fork or transfer them to a mini processor.
  4. Then add the mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Mix them well and add the salt and pepper to taste.
You can always adjust the recipe according to what you want. But I like mine to be a bit creamy so I added 1/4 cup of mayo but you can also try putting maybe a tablespoon of mayo or two. It depends really.

  • Then finally, transfer them to a pastry bag and squeeze them out on top of the egg whites then sprinkle with Paprika and serve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have some pinky sweet thoughts? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...